Here's what John Brassey has been saying on the TRIP blog:
- Much improved search algorithm, more relevant results at the top and less 'noise'.
- 26 specialist search engines. 26 today and more in the near future. These specialist search engines allow users to simultaneously search the core TRIP content plus the top 10-15 journals specific to that area. I see it as a bridge between users having to go from TRIP to the full, difficult to use Medline.
- New content, we've added a load of web 2.0 content, wikis, podcasts and webcasts.
- A trial of linking to UK-approved education. Today the UK but if the trial works we'll introduce education from around the world.
- A new category 'More' to house the new content.
- Ability to arrange results by relevance or by year.
- We've removed the big google ads banner.
There's more, but those are the main improvements.I think I'll be using TRIP even more in future!